- 3.1: Introduction to resilience
- 3.2: Team building
- 3.3: Resilience assessment
- 3.4: Building capacity for resilience
- 3.5: 7 Factor resilience framework
- 3.6: Resilient workforce
- 3.7: Resilience and presenteeism
- 3.8: Resilience and nutrition
- 3.9: Leading for resilience
- 3.10: Resilience training
- 3.11: Resilience training workshops
- 3.12: Resilience Training - Train the Trainer Programme
Resilience Training - Public Workshops
About our Resilience Workshops
Our public workshops are run through our sister company, The Management Advisory Service. Please click on the link for information on dates and locations.
Resilience is a key component in the primary prevention of stress at work.
Resilience is the capacity to mobilise personal resources to tolerate, cope with and overcome adverse events without experiencing stress, and to grow and develop as a consequence of such events. Some aspects of resilience are personality dependant whilst others are skills determined. All elements can be learnt and strengthened.
Resilience is a key aspect of The Wellbeing and Performance Agenda as it focuses on personal prevention techniques, approaches and behaviours, and builds these into a corporate resilient workforce. This will result in the additional benefits of better staff retention, low sickness absence, low presenteeism and low staff turnover rates.
Resilience training workshop content:
- What is meant by resilience?
- Completing and understanding the Resilience Assessment Questionnaire and its use in measuring improved resilience
- When do we need to call on our resilience?
- The risks and threats to our survival at work
- Understanding who we are - clarify personal vision and goals
- Strengthening resilience with exercises on developing a personal vision, building self determination, improving interaction with others, strengthening relationships, improving problem solving abilities, being more organised, and building self confidence.
- A personal action plan.
Outcome from this resilience training workshop:
Participants will be taught the techniques and approaches to building personal resilience; they will be provided with exercises and routines that can be adopted on a daily basis; participants will build a reservoir of resilience against stressful events; they will also learn how to help build resilience in others.
The programme explains the impact that adverse events has on people, and how resilience is about forming an attitude towards an event that determines how the individual copes with it and become stronger as a result.
This programme has been evaluated as excellent by over 1000 participants in three different working cultures including the UK.
How long is the workshop?
This is a one day workshop - 0930 for 1000 until 1630
A comprehensive Workbook is provided together with lunch and refreshments.
Who is this Resilience training workshop for?
This public workshops is for managers who are interested in improving staff performance. It will also be of interest for those involved in wellbeing and stress prevention.
Where and when?
Visit our sister company the Management Advisory Service for further information
To find out more information about our public workshops, the dates and locations, call us on 01242 241882 or email us for further details.